Emerging Producer Placement (EPP)
Targeted at emerging producers with a track record in short form content, the EPP will provide producers with a unique opportunity to gain experience with NSW production companies, in addition to working with the Development and Production team at Screen NSW.
In this round, one candidate will be selected and paid to undertake a six month customised program. They will spend the majority of the time with production companies, with additional time at Screen NSW and attending key industry events.
The EPP aims to fast-track career opportunities by matching highly experienced screen industry practitioners with undiscovered emerging producing talent.
Applications are now closed, information on the next round is expected to be announced in July 2017.
- Emerging producers who currently reside in NSW (and have been living in NSW for the past six months at a minimum),
- Have at least one credit as producer on a short film or web series.
You will need to complete an online expression of interest
detailing how you meet the Selection Criteria and why you believe the attachment would be of value to you at this point in your career.
You will need to address each of the following Selection Criteria:
- A knowledge of current development and project financing practices within Australia.
- A demonstrated understanding of production budgets.
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Analytical and research skills, and the ability to collate information and write reports using a variety of software packages.
- An ability to work independently and to exercise initiative, sensitivity and discretion.
Your application will be assessed on the basis of your experience and your expression of interest relating to the selection criteria.
Applications will be assessed by a panel of Screen NSW staff including the Head of Development and Production. Short-listed applicants will be invited to interview and subsequent recommendations will be considered by the CEO.
The placement will begin early October 2016, with the dates to be mutually agreed by both parties.