Emerging Producer Placement (EPP)
Targeted at Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander emerging producers with a track record in short form content, the EPP will provide producers with a unique opportunity to gain experience with NSW screen production companies, in addition to working with the Sector Investment team at Create NSW (screen).
In this round, two candidates will be selected and paid to undertake a six month customised program. They will spend the majority of the time with production companies, with additional time at Create NSW and attending key industry events.
The EPP aims to fast-track career opportunities by matching highly experienced screen industry practitioners with undiscovered emerging producing talent.
Applications will open on Monday August 13, 2018 at 12 pm and close on Monday September 17, 2018 at Midnight.
Applying for a grant:
Guidelines can be downloaded from the documents box on the right hand side of the screen.
When the round is open, you can apply for a grant here:
Our funding guidelines have been broken down into easy to read steps below. We also have FAQ’S to answer questions about applying through our online application system.
For more information contact Nadia on (02) 8289 6416 or by email to email@example.com if you would like to discuss your application.
1. Emerging producers who currently reside in NSW.
2. Emerging producers who are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.
3. Have at least one credit as producer on a short film or web series.
You will need to complete an online expression of interest detailing how you meet the Selection Criteria and why you believe the attachment would be of value to you at this point in your career.
You will need to address the following criteria:
- A knowledge of current development and project financing practices within Australia.
- A demonstrated understanding of production budgets.
- Highly developed organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Analytical and research skills, and the ability to collate information and write reports using a variety of software packages.
- An ability to work independently and to exercise initiative, sensitivity and discretion.
Your application will be assessed on the basis of your experience and your expression of interest relating to the selection criteria. Short-listed applicants will be invited to interview.
Applications will be assessed by a panel of Create NSW staff including the Director of Sector Investment (Screen). Short-listed applicants will be invited to interview and subsequent recommendations will be considered by the CEO.
The placement will begin mid October 2018, with the dates to be mutually agreed by both parties.