Emerging Producer Placement (EPP)
Screen NSW is looking for the next wave of emerging producers.
Are you a passionate, emerging producer with a track record in short form content looking to develop your skills and take the next step in your career?
The EPP will provide emerging producers with a unique opportunity to gain experience with NSW screen production companies, in addition to working with Screen NSW Sector Investment team. EPP is a fast-track career opportunity by matching highly experienced screen industry practitioners with undiscovered emerging producing talent.
In this round, three candidates will be selected for placement opportunities. One placement will be a dedicated spot for a First Nations (Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander) emerging producer. The other two placements will prioritise emerging producers from underrepresented groups including people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds, people with disability, LGBTQI+ people and people from Western Sydney and regional NSW.
The three candidates will be selected and paid to undertake a six-month customised program. They will spend the majority of the time with production companies, with additional time at Screen NSW and attending key industry events.
Applications for the Emerging Producers Placement Program open on Monday 19 September 2022, 9am and close on Monday 17 October 2022, 5pm.
Applying for a grant:
Our funding guidelines have been broken down into easy to read steps below. We also have FAQ’S to answer questions about applying through our online application system.
For more information contact Amelia on (02) 8289 6417 or by email to Amelia.email@example.com if you would like to discuss your application.
1. Emerging producers who currently reside in NSW.
2. Emerging producers who are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, or from under-represented groups, including people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds, people with disability, LGBTQI people, people from Western Sydney and people from regional NSW.
3. Have at least one credit as producer on a short film or web series.
You will need to address the following criteria:
- A knowledge of current development and project financing practices within Australia.
- A demonstrated understanding of production budgets.
- Highly developed organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Analytical and research skills, and the ability to collate information and write reports using a variety of software packages.
- An ability to work independently and to exercise initiative, sensitivity and discretion.
Your application will be assessed on the basis of your experience and your expression of interest relating to the selection criteria. Short-listed applicants will be invited to an interview.
The first placement will begin in November 2022, with the dates to be mutually agreed by both parties. The second and third placments will commence in 2023, with dates to be mutualy agreed to by both parties.
Applications will be assessed by a panel of Screen NSW staff including a Sector Investment Manager (Screen) and the Head of Screen NSW. Short-listed applicants will be invited to an interview and subsequent recommendations will be considered by the Head of Screen NSW.